Counting blessings

Counting blessings

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Summer's Coming..


Well it's practically June now and the days are getting longer and hotter and more busy. I can tell summer is coming. Only 16 more days of school and the pool opens this weekend. I LOVE summer. I love the beach, pool, and most days I love having the kiddos home all together. (Ask me again in August). We have had some fun times recently as a family. The kids are all riding some sort of bike now and it has been fun to take them all on bike rides. Gracie and I recently went strawberry picking. The boys are both playing baseball now and Brian's the coach. It has been some fun stuff! Looking forward to popsicles and ice cream cones. It's gonna be a fun time!

Oh and I hope to document my work on a project this summer. I have been convicted at how little scripture my kids know...as well as how little of the catechism they know. They should know more of WHAT we believe and WHY we believe it. The Bible stories are great but this summer I am going to make it my project to work on a curriculum that would involve some scripture memory/catechism work. We will see how it all comes out!

2 comments:

Katie said...

It sounds so weird that yall have 16 days left! Our last day was yesterday. Summer in our house officially starts today!!

Counting blessings said...

So jealous...it seems crazy now but I like not going back until after Labor Day.