Well you know those days. The kind that make you really wonder how God chose you to do this job. It really is a day where I know there is probably no excuse for what I am about to tell you.
But I hope somehow putting this on paper (or on the worldwide web) will somehow help me to come to some sort of epiphany about how to...
CHANGE MY CHILDREN'S EATING HABITS!
Okay so I took Gracie to the dr today for her constant complaint that her tummy hurts! It was happening far more often than I could really have patience for. I feel really bad..I was really thinking that she was somehow making up the pains. They came and went so quickly you wondered if they were somehow in her head. I thought maybe they were to get attention. Today I actually sent her to her bed to rest...in not the most gentlest of ways...because I was about to go crazy if she told me her stomach "mysteriously" was hurting one more time. So...I made the step to take her to the doctor. I wanted to find out if she was making this up or was there something physically wrong with her.
Well...it's a "poop" problem for lack of a better word. It really will not matter if I go into all the details here but apparently it's been such a problem for so long her colon has been stretched. Apparently this is not that uncommon with preschoolers/toddlers but hearing the doctor explain exactly what had happened made me feel like I wanted to crawl under the chair. It apparently is occuring because of the way she eats. Well...not the way she eats but rather WHAT she eats!
He asked me several questions about her eating habits. NOW to his credit...I did tell one of my friends earlier that he did an AWESOME job at not making me feel like such a bad parent...and when I told the doctor (and my friend) what I found out I made some GOOD GOOD excuses for our eating habits but bottom line is that the girl eats UNHEALTHY food. There can be a million excuses (one being she has a brother that eats only FIVE foods) but I refuse to go there again. It's just a matter of fact...we have to eat more healthy.
SO...right now to correct her problems the child has to take some Metamucil and some Miralax...that should be easy enough( :) )...but to help her for a lifetime I need to really instill more healthy eating in her and my kids. So...goodbye to the Krispy Kreme Doughnuts for breakfast and the million and one oreos for dessert. Hello to whole grain and fruits and veggies.
I am a horribly PICKY eater but I really need to not let that become the case in my kids. So...here it is almost dinner time. I am trying to start on the right track...black beans and brown rice and with some sort of vegetable. That's one of the healthiest meals she will eat!!!
and then it's off to Gordon Ice Cream night at Coldstone...well you can't be that healthy all the time...right??
1 comment:
Well, at least you know there is a real reason for her tummy troubles and one that is not serious and can be fixed!
I feel your pain about picky eaters. Dinner time is usually not too much fun in our house.
Post a Comment