Counting blessings

Counting blessings

Monday, October 27, 2008

Proud Mom moment

I know we all have our proud mom moments. Those moments where your kid does something that makes you truly grateful that you are a mom and that they finally "get" it. Well for the teacher mom those moments can sometimes revolve around something academic that they finally learn. Now I have to confess that most times Benjamin's proud mom moments are much more amazing than the other two. This is only because it takes Benjamin twice as long to (or longer) to "get" things. He is doing really great in Kindergarten and working really hard but I still have to work at home to keep him up with what is happening in his classroom. Well...my proud mom moment happened while we were outside drawing with some sidewalk chalk. Usually he is not interested in really writing anything. (Most times asking him to write his name is asking a lot.) Well...this particular day he got it in his head he was going to write everyone's name. He asked me what letters were in our names and with a little help he wrote everyone's name. Here are the pics to prove it....can I tell you I was one proud mommy that day.

1 comment:

Squid said...

Wow-that would make a mom proud! What an amazing accomplishment! Too bad we missed seeing it by a day. I'm sure he will keep on learning!