

So...we made it through another exciting Halloween in the Kaman house. The boys (especially Samuel) look forward to Halloween almost as much as Christmas. They start deciding on costumes sometime in September and we try to make them wait until almost Halloween to officially decide on one. Benjamin decided he would be Spiderman early on and never once waivered. (I think he thinks he IS Spiderman sometimes.) As for Samuel he went from a Ninja Turtle to a basketball player but settled on the blue Power Ranger. It seems he is learning about these superheroes from his buddy in preschool. We personally don't let him watch those because they are a little too old for him but he likes the costume all the same. Blue is his favorite color so it makes sense he would choose that. As for Gracie...mom had some crazy idea that she would dress my first and only daughter in a totally girlie costume. So I set out to make her a fairy. I felt such a sense of pride that I was able to create a relatively cheap costume (wings, halo and wand) that would look great. If only she would have worn it....The only part of the costume that stayed on was the skirt. So...my "fairy" became my "ballerina" in about 10 seconds. Oh well...at least I still have the pieces for next year!
We did enjoy the night. We started at a fall festival. The boys loved the bounce house, games and train ride. Gracie had her first taste of lollipops and cotton candy. After the festival we came home to trick or treat to a few neighbors and then come home and examine our loot. Samuel loves the chocolate. Gracie has had her sample of candy ...BUT Benjamin STILL finds no interest in eating his candy! (Guess I can't complain too much about that!)
So...we enjoyed yet another fun filled Halloween here in our house...only to hear Samuel ask when we returned back home from our fun..."How many more days until Halloween?"
No comments:
Post a Comment