
Well...had to take a minute to write about my week. Brian was out of town all week and as most of you can imagine I am still recovering from my "single parentness." The kids were great though. Every time Brian leaves for a trip he always reminds the boys that they are to "take care of me." According to Samuel that means bringing me my "drinks." (That would be my Diet Coke...although I think I could drink them repeatedly ....I usually have to tell him to wait to bring me another until I finish the one I have!) This time I was a little worried that with the wrestling coach gone the boys (esp Samuel) wouldn't be tired enough to actually go to sleep at night. But, thankfully the weather was nice and they could go outside and run off their energy. One night we went to the mall to run around in the indoor playground. I think if you asked Benjamin, his highlight would be getting to eat Chick-fil-a two nights in a row since Mommy doesn't cook when Daddy is out of town. As for Gracie...well I had the bright idea to try to move her down to one nap a day to help her sleep better at night. (We have discovered that Gracie requires very little sleep...ugh!) She did okay until the last day when she only slept for an hour all day. She was fine-- but mom could have used the nap! But...somehow we made it through the week and I didn't completely come unglued...and my boys asked Jesus every night to take care of Daddy (or "DA" ...Bubby's way to say Daddy) and He so graciously did. And the biggest shocker of all is that although I know they were thoroughly pumped to see Daddy last night and have him put them to bed...my sweet little fellas came to find me to make sure to say "good night" and get a hug one last time. Makes my heart melt...



1 comment:
Very cute pics, and congrats on making it through a long week (while staying positive about it). Let's see how Brian does on his own later this month...
Post a Comment