
was born February9, 2004. Can't believe it's been seven years. He gave us all a scare seven years ago when he came six weeks too early. I had been praying for months that he would be healthy after weeks on bedrest and numerous doctor visits. After two attempts to stop my labor, God answered my prayers! Samuel came after a painful miscarriage and a rough two years trying to digest Benjamin's diagnosis. He was a beautiful baby boy and exactly what we needed!
He has been an absolute delight for a mom. I mean you know he has all the energy of a seven year old boy and the appetite to go along with it. He can love his brother and sister one moment and completely annoy them the next. He is funny and comes up with the funniest questions about life. He is sensitive but very boyish. He loves to brush my hair at night after he watches some sort of seasonal sport with dad before bed.
I love the fact that his favorite food is tacos. He loves legos...and has finally saved enough of his birthday money to get the Police Station that he has been admiring since Christmas. He loves animals and is the cause of Bailey's weight gain because he just can't stand to hear her cry for food.
He has made so many friends at school. When I visit for lunch...at least five or six of them ask if it's their turn to sit with him. He has grown up a lot!
At seven...it seems like just yesterday I held that little baby with all those tubes and wires in the hospital...but can you believe in seven more years I will have a teenager! Hopefully God can give me the wisdom to raise him to be the man He created him to be. He truly has been the "child for which we prayed."
I love you Samuel!
No comments:
Post a Comment