Counting blessings

Counting blessings

Friday, January 14, 2011

It's been a while...


Wow! I can't believe it's been so long since the last post. Some of you might be wondering what we have been up to this past month. Our Christmas and New Year's was relatively quiet...except for the fact that everyone in the house besides me came down with the stomach flu at some point over a four week span. It was a bit crazy. I honestly think it would have been better to have gotten it all over in one week's time but the fact that it was dragging on and on was tiring! But...it's water under the bridge now...isn't that what they say???

Oh and we got a new kitten. He is really cute. His name is Smokey (for TN and for his gray color). All the kids really love him. He loves to play and is very loving. Bailey isn't really too sure about him. She's 13 now and really not wanting to befriend any new kitten but I keep hoping she will come around...or at least not attack the poor kitty.

So you can see things here have been pretty uneventful. I have been trying to organize and declutter this house after Christmas. It's amazing the stuff you can accumulate after 10 years of marriage and 3 kids.

I am looking forward to 2011. I am always amazed to look back at the year and see all the blessings God has given us. Every time I look at my children and see how they are growing and maturing and becoming little "people" I get a glimpse of His goodness. My husband is a constant reminder of my Heavenly Father's unconditional love. My friends are reminders of the sweetness of the body of Christ. God showers us with so many blessings but I am often so ungrateful. I am surrounded by God's gifts and they are great. My hope for this next year is that I will be faithful to appreciate that these blessings are amazing miracles from God.

Great are the works of the Lord;they are pondered by all who delight in them. Psalm 111:2

1 comment:

Katie said...

love Brian's new hair do! It's almost like he and Paul were seperated at birth!
Have fun with your new kitty!