Counting blessings

Counting blessings

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

My husband

I know most times I post about my kids. Today I feel compelled to write a blurb about my husband. I am completely amazed every day that God gave me such a wonderful man. He isn't perfect and I don't pretend that he is...none of us are this side of Heaven. But...every day I love and respect him more. I think having three kids under eight and the challenges of raising a kid with special needs takes a toll on a marriage. I feel like we rarely have time to "romance" each other. I mean most days we rarely complete a thought until the kids are in bed and then we are usually so exhausted it's really hard to feel like finding some energy to really try to do more than "veg" out with some sort of lame TV show. BUT all that said I honestly don't think I could imagine going through this crazy life of mine with anyone else. He is truly my best friend. Besides my creator, he knows me best. He can complete my sentences. For that matter...he can read my mind. He predicts my reactions to situations and can talk me through before I even react at all.

I fell in love with a wonderful man but as I see this man become a father, trying to be a better husband, a God fearing man...it makes me fall in love that much more.

No comments: