My daughter is obsessed with me. Yes...that might just really sound a little over the top but it's true. She really needs me like a drug sometimes. She has to know where I am at all times. She calls herself mommy's baby and she's right. She has moments that she wants to be with her dad but unfortunately for him it's not that often. It's really sweet that she loves me that much and I know that one day I will look back on all this and really miss this time.
But right now I could use some space...everyone needs some space right? I don't really want much...just the ability to go upstairs by myself, step into another room, or heaven forbid...go to the bathroom by myself. She's so different from the boys. I spent a lot of time with them at this age but I clearly remember having moments by myself. They had the ability to play away from me but I don't think Gracie has acquired that skill yet.
I know one thing is that right now she really doesn't go too many places without me. Next year she is going to have the opportunity to experience a little of her life without me. Maybe that will help. Who knows...
Anyways...for now I guess I will try to steal a few moments to myself when I can. Maybe I can just try to cherish this time. I know there will probably be one day when I miss these days. She tells her dad at night when he puts her to bed that she "really misses mommy so much!" One day she might just be glad to get away. To everything there is a season...
No comments:
Post a Comment