This past Wednesday night Samuel played his last season game for Gordon Athletics. It was a "championship" game between his team and the only other undefeated team in the same division. Technically with "coach pitch" ball you don't have a championship game but since these two teams were the only ones with no losses we had a game at our field. Thankfully Gordon won again and now we are 10 and 0. Not a bad season....It couldn't be a better bunch of boys. They are sort of like a fraternity of sorts. That would be most of Samuel's best friends on the team and they look out for one another. They cheer for each other and support them no matter how they are playing. It is pretty cute.
But even though he has had a great season and has improved quite a bit...he has always been a champion to me. He is a wonderful brother. I know I mentioned this before but he has an amazing amount of patience with his brother. He always "has his back." He lets him get away with things that no one else could do. He worries about him and sticks up for him. He has never really gotten mad at him (unless Benjamin decides he doesn't want to play with him....I think that hurts his feelings.) So for most of his eight years I already knew he was a champion and I am pretty sure his big brother thinks that too.

No comments:
Post a Comment