So this weekend was Father's Day and like most dads my kids celebrated in usual fashion with their daddy. But I feel I must take a minute to talk about their daddy. He is by far the most involved Dad I know. He comes home from a busy day at work and takes time to play ball with Samuel, princesses with Gracie and wrestle Bub. I know how much my kids love it because they ask me mulitple times, "When is Daddy coming home??" My best memory of when the boys were younger was when the boys would scream and run for the door the minute they heard the garage door open.
Their Daddy loves them unconditionally. He does a really good job of talking with them about "big" things. He has done a really good job at training them ( especially Samuel right now) spiritually.
He works hard for them. He goes to work and works hard at what he does so that I can stay home with them every day.
He loves me in front of them. I think that is an important one for Gracie...considering one day I want her to find a man like her daddy.
He gets them. Some Dads are not really involved enough to do this. He knows about each of them and what makes them special.
Kids love their daddy. He is a big clown, coach, and jungle gym for kids. I love that about him.
Both Brian and I have awesome examples of good Dads. My Dad and I had a chance to get close when my mom died. I know he would go to bat for me at any time. He is caring and always there when I need him. Brian's dad is also involved in our lives. He plays with the kids when he visits and still takes time to listen to us when we have "big" things happen in our lives.
So this Father's Day I must thank God for my father, my father in law, Brian and of course my Heavenly Father who loves me unconditionally and gives us grace and ability to love each other.
.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment