Counting blessings

Counting blessings

Friday, August 26, 2011

Baby girl...




Gracie turned four this week. I cannot believe how time is flying. It seemed like yesterday I held a tiny (very tiny) baby wrapped in pink in my arms. Not much has changed...she still likes pink and still loves to be held like a baby. Now we are REALLY into Princess things...the Barbie Princesses, the movies, the books, the songs...it goes on and on (quite a market for little girls :) ) We have been to one Disney Princess Show on ice and she loved it so much we are going again in September. Of course her birthday party this year was all about pink and princesses.

Never knew how much I would LOVE having a girl. Not sure I was ready for the drama that comes with it but she makes us all laugh, she makes us want to sing and dance. She makes us want to dress like a princess (or a prince!) And yes some days she makes me want to pull my hair out.

She is a wonderful blessing to this family and truly completes us. She has a tender spirit and does not like for anyone to be hurt or sad. She loves her blankie (and yes still occasionally loves her naa-naa) She loves pigs (only ones that are pink)! She wants to take ballet this fall and I think I can honestly say that seems right up her alley right now. Can't wait to see how she does.

She loves for you to tell her stories and sing her lullabies at night and she loves to fall asleep with her head on my chest.

There are so many more reasons why I love my Gracie girl...Lately I have been calling her Grace more often. I truly know she was given to me by God and so much more than I deserve. Thank you Lord for my baby girl...I am so glad she is mine.

Gracie was determined I needed to wear a princess gown. Thankfully I had a bridesmaid dress that fit! :)The Cake!The girls painted and decorated jewelry boxes and then played princess games to earn the jewelry for the boxes!Family birthday time is always special too...even more princesses! :)

1 comment:

Katie said...

is that the bridesmaid dress from Stephanie's wedding? I'm impressed that you can still wear it! Bravo!