"Test me in this," says the LORD Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it. Malachi 3:10b
Counting blessings
Friday, October 29, 2010
Pumpkin carving
I just love the fall! Apples...pumpkins...cooler weather...and then Halloween. I know it's a controversial holiday for Christians but I just love it. I think we have done pretty well at keeping it pretty child like. The unfortunate thing is that this year I am appalled at the world's ability to make this the scariest, creepiest, most demonic holiday ever. Thank goodness for churches that provide fall festivals, and fall parties to keep the party fun...but not scary! The kids love dressing up...photos to come... and I just love watching them. They have been counting the days until they can wear their costumes. This week we carved "Jack!" We named him this year...thanks to the book Pumpkin Jack! Dad always does the work...this year with the help of Samuel...



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
cute! I agree about how some try to make it all so scarey! I hate that! I'm playing with the idea of having a Halloween party next year instead of trick or treating. That way, they still get to dress up and get candy. That's what it's all about for them!
Post a Comment