Yesterday was our eighth year at the Buddy Walk. It's a great day filled with smiles, laughter, and many thanks to God for our sweet Bubs. It sometimes takes a day like this to make we realize how blessed I am to have my Bubs. I see so many things that almost make me want to cry...adults with DS that make me fast forward to what an older Bubs will be like, children who haven't been as blessed as we have with good health, friends who love Bubs, kids who accept Bubs and walk along side him,and Bub's sweet-sweet smile when he gets to do the things he loves...bounce houses and standing with that Chick fil a cow. It is truly a most wonderful day for a mom! I have to step back and just look at Bubs today. He is an incredible kid...with some incredible siblings and friends! We have so much to be thankful for and so good to be reminded for the days that are hard!
"Test me in this," says the LORD Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it. Malachi 3:10b
Counting blessings
Sunday, October 10, 2010
Bub's Buddies...
Yesterday was our eighth year at the Buddy Walk. It's a great day filled with smiles, laughter, and many thanks to God for our sweet Bubs. It sometimes takes a day like this to make we realize how blessed I am to have my Bubs. I see so many things that almost make me want to cry...adults with DS that make me fast forward to what an older Bubs will be like, children who haven't been as blessed as we have with good health, friends who love Bubs, kids who accept Bubs and walk along side him,and Bub's sweet-sweet smile when he gets to do the things he loves...bounce houses and standing with that Chick fil a cow. It is truly a most wonderful day for a mom! I have to step back and just look at Bubs today. He is an incredible kid...with some incredible siblings and friends! We have so much to be thankful for and so good to be reminded for the days that are hard!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment