I think that every Mother's Day just gets sweeter and sweeter...does that really sound too cheesy? Well...I honestly think it's true. My wonderful husband does so much to make sure that I have a special day and the kids truly know how to make me smile.
This year was no different. We spent Sat night going to dinner as a family. The kids then went shopping with their dad while I was able to sit quietly in Starbucks...listening to the conversations of others. Something I am embarrassed to say I love to do but now with kids I cannot even hear the conversations in my own head much less those around me.
The next morning the kids brought me breakfast in bed and each one delivered their present. For those of you new to the Kaman gift giving tradition...each child is allowed to pick one thing (within reason) they want to buy for a gift. It's really cute to see their personality come out in their decisions. So...here's what I got...Bubs got me a new green T shirt...very comfortable, soft and versatile (now doesn't that sound like Bub??) Gracie got me some new purple shorts which I think I will wear to workout at the gym ...BUTshe really HATES the childcare ...so she says they are for "night night" and they do make good sleeping shorts too! Well my sweet Samuel ALWAYS gives me jewerly...it's really so thoughtful! This time I also got the matching earrings which he was ever so proud of. He seemed very excited that they came in a box together and that the box was so pretty he didn't need to wrap it! He also had two cards he had made for me that he has been hiding in his room all week! From Brian..I got a pair of much needed shorts and then a "day" date this Friday (he's taking the day off)! He even made sure several times that day to remind the kids to tell me "Happy Mother's Day!"
We ended the day with dinner off the grill and the kids playing outside. Then movie and game night. Couldn't get much better than that.
I feel so very blessed that I was given a constant reminder of God's faithfulness to me. I cannot believe they can make me laugh, cry, and sometimes scream...but what would my life be like without them. Thank you God for my three very special gifts!
No comments:
Post a Comment