The day after Christmas we headed to Savannah to visit my family. It was so much fun to see family we haven't seen in a long time. The boys especially loved seeing their cousin. Their aunt and uncle planned a special trip for the kids to go to Build A Bear. I wasn't sure how it would go over but according to Samuel "that was the best part of his trip." At Build A Bear Samuel chose to make a dinosaur he named "Rex." Gracie made a kitty that her cousin Savannah named "Princess" for her. The cutest thing was Benjamin's reaction to all of this. I wasn't sure that he was really that in to the stuffed animal thing since he has never really acted like he cared so much about stuffed animals. But...he was dead set on getting an elephant and proudly chose to name it "Paul" after his beloved uncle(Brian's brother). I think that the biggest shocker has been how attached he is to that elephant. I think we now have a 6 member of our household. Paul rides in the car with us, eats with us, plays with us. I think in some ways the elephant reminds Bub of the uncle he wished lived here in Richmond with us. I feel certain that the novelty will soon wear off, but for now it is really sweet.
Much fun was had in Savannah, not only did we see our Granddaddy and Nana but we were able to see our great grandmommy ("Granny). Spending time with family always makes us long to live a little closer to home.
When we got home from Savannah we had some more fun awaiting us. Brian's mom and dad came to see us from Memphis and spend New Year's with us. This is always lots of fun. I think the boys would be happy if Grandmommy would come and live with them and play with them every day. The highlight of their trip was the light show. It was beautiful and although it was quite cold the lights were enough to holds every one's attention. Even Gracie was entertained enough to sit in her stroller for almost thirty minutes which is a record for her. Samuel's favorite part was the spiders. He took a look from up high when Brian lifted him up. Brian heard a quiet " oh cool" as he picked him up to look at them. We were all sad to see Grandmommy and Granddaddy go. The boys asked about them quite a bit for a while until things returned to normal.
We feel incredibly blessed to have such wonderful family that loves us so much. Maybe one day we can live closer.
No comments:
Post a Comment