Counting blessings

Counting blessings

Thursday, August 29, 2013

End of summer lament

Today marks the end of summer.  Some.days I felt like the days were moving too slowly.  Today looking back it went way to fast. In a few days all three will be headed off to school.  I really hate the first few days of school.  I have to drop them off and try to watch them all the way into the school doors and get a little wave before the doors close.  I really love the expression on their face when they see I am one of the first ones in the line to pick them up.

It is hard sometimes at the end of the summer not to look back and wonder if I did a good.job being  a mom this time. Did I listen to every story without being distracted? Did I answer every question even.when it was asked more.than one time?

 Did I prepare my baby for her first year?

Have I taught.all of them how to determine right.from wrong before I send them back off into the real world?

Do I pray often enough for their protection while they are away from me? Do I pray daily for the friends they will make and their relationships?


There is never a way turn back the clock even though sometimes I wish I could.  Every day they are a day older.and closer to going into the world on their own.Every day is a day I could regret not spending time with them or I can determine to spend more of it with them.  I can pray more and worry less.  Listen more and do less...  open up my heart and share more...








There is that old saying that the two most important things we give our children is roots and wings.  I think that it is hard to know if you planted roots until you give them their.wings.  It's a slow process with baby steps and changing and growing along the way for all of us.  God wants us to give them wings.  He wants us to trust that we gave them HIM as their roots.

Thank God He does not leave us to do this alone...my God will never leave us or forsake us.
 (Hebrews 13:5)     He isn't going to leave my kids even when I am not around to help them make decisions or choose their friends.  He isn't going to forsake them when they miss me or have a bad day. He isn't going to let them out of his sight even when I cannot see them behind those doors. .I must claim this promise daily for my children and I must claim it for myself next week when I miss them like crazy!



No comments: