Been thinking about this kid who was lost for six days here in the woods in VA. He was autistic and he was found just yesterday. Fortunately he seemed to be in serious condition but going to be okay. I can't imagine exactly how that family felt this past week wondering if theywould find him. What a sweet moment to see his face again.
As a mom it makes me want to hold on to my kids even tighter. I know that I should physically
keep hold of them and keep them in my sight. They are little and this world is crazy and they depend on me to keep them safe.
But the truth is lately I have been thinking about letting go of them a little. I came to a realization recently when a friend reminded me that my children aren't mine. They were given to me to love, protect, train, and encourage but ultimately they are their Father's child. The one who created them. I struggle a lot with anxiety over trying to control the circumstances. I wrestle with my Father to have true control of them and other areas of my life. Recently I have been asking him to help me try to reliquish some of that control and understand that no matter how hard I try to change things or make things better for my kids...I cannot do it on my own.
To try to do that is going to bring me nothing but more anxiety. My Father has their best interst in mind at all times. He knows what they need. I need to daily remind myself to let go.
He's got in under control. Time for me to daily ask Him to remind me of that. One day maybe I might just get it.
Casting all your cares upon Him for he cares for you affectionately and watchfully. 1 Peter 5:8 (AMP)
No comments:
Post a Comment