raising a girl. I know it sounds stereotypical and I know there are variations of the norm...but it is so different in this house. Brian and I just said last night we can't imagine just how different our family would be if we didn't have that little girl. I get more hugs...I love you's...I want to marry you (she knows she cannot marry me but somehow continues to ask if she can)...I want to be a mommy like you...the list goes on.
She tells her brothers she loves them..and she tells them she is mad at them, thinks they are not fair, wishes they would leave...that list goes on too. But..so different from my boys who don't really have a great grasp on their feelings all the time.
She's a bundle of girl energy...now that comes along with some female "fickleness" so Brian says. She is quite sensitive, emotional, and horribly DRAMATIC. But just so funny.
Gracie and I had the chance to spend some girl time this weekend. Brian took the boys on a Cub Scout camp out. We dressed up and went to her pick of restaurant ( Panera), went shopping and looking at girl toys and clothes. Then came home and watched a Strawberry Shortcake movie. I told Brian I am really looking forward to really enjoying her. I didn't get to really have a friendship with mom. She was sick for three years before I lost her at 15. I can't wait to be there for Gracie.
I feel blessed to be able to be her mom...
1 comment:
little girls are so sweet and fun. Here's to hoping they stay sweet and fun! :)
Post a Comment